Sunday 3 January 2016

A girl needs a place to wear her feathered boa

    
As 2015 drew to an end I decided to do something I had not done in forty years – go out for New Year's Eve.  I was lured out for a few reasons: one, being a friend who was visiting from British Columbia; two, being a 75% off sale at Sears where I discovered the perfect blue lace top to go with my feathered boa and lace skirt; and three, the trifecta of my favourite dance band Ouroborus, Kubasonics' front man Brian Cherwick,   
Chernick plays a dazzling array of Ukranian instruments.  The one he is holding
 is a relative of the medieval herdy gerdy.
and the aerial talent of Wonderbolt's Hilary Walsh and Keely Whitelaw.  At last, I was going to a New Year's party where people actually knew how to hang from the ceiling.  No alcohol required.  To say it was a memorable evening would be an understatement.
Wonderbolt's new venue The Space–
our new neighbours at Eastern Edge Gallery.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks for the recap, and the names, and the pictures, that will help my memories solidify. Was a fun show, thanks again for getting me out there to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tempted to write more…Cherwick it turns out is an Adjunct Professor with Folklore/Ethnomusiciology at MUN. Hope to get to hear him minus a noisy bar crowd. Interviewing him is on my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete