Sunday 9 August 2015

Affordable Luxuries - Birthday celebrating Gloria Style

I am a firm believer that imagination is worth more than cash. So often in life I have discovered that what I have is champagne taste and a beer budget.  So do many of my friends and that was the genesis for this list.  When asked this week, "what do you want for your birthday?" I responded with this wish list.



•Shakespeare by the Sea has a downtown walking production where they present scenes from different plays at stops during the walk.  They have various days.  The one that leaves from Harbourside Park on Water Street is on Monday evenings.  $10 No advance purchases.

•Newfoundland Chocolate has opened up a cafe on Signal Hill that I have yet to explore, hours are 8am to 9 pm

•MUN Botanical Gardens $8, I have not been in years and would love a wander around.  

•August will be a good month for free afternoon concerts that are a half hour or an hour both at the Anglican Cathedral and the Kirk.  
The Anglican plays host to the organ recital series on Wednesdays and they operate a tea room in the crypt, we might even take in the architectural tour http://www.stjohnsanglicancathedral.org/calendar.html 

and the Tuckamore Chamber Music Festival is at the Kirk, 

•I want to try the lobster sandwich at Subway. 


•Buskers downtown, their festival is August 7 to 9 12 to 10 pm.  This turned out to be really impressive in past years.

So, that's how to have a grand time for under $15!

No comments:

Post a Comment